Sometimes called the “King” of native grasses, Big Bluestem will grow almost anywhere, under any conditions in the tall prairie country. Root systems that can extend up to 12 feet into the ground, give the plant it’s extraordinary capacity to withstand drought and the extremes of temperatures.
- Native warm-season perennial grass
- Grows in open woods, prairies and dry upland sites
- Thrives in rich sandy soils
- One of the major forage producing grasses
- Provides excellent forage for cattle
- Makes great hay
- Creates escape and nesting cover for birds
- Mature height can be up to 6 ft.
- Price (per lb): Call
- Seeding Rate (PLS lbs per acre): 10-12
- Seeding Date: June - August