Coldsnap™ Annual Ryegrass
Annual ryegrass is a quick growing, cool season annual grass. Annual ryegrass has come under scrutiny recently as a cover crop, however the species still provides benefits much needed across the Midwest: nutrient sequestration, erosion control and compaction alleviation. It also adds biomass and organic matter while improving soil structure. With proper management in areas where it overwinters, annual ryegrass should be considered as a viable option – both for cover cropping and/or forage established quickly – excellent at controlling erosion and suppressing weed development.
• Excellent for scavenging nutrients and holding them for following crop
• Known for its dense root structure for added compaction relief
• Provides a uniform stand maturity for easier spring control
• Slower to mature than cereal rye and other cereal grains
• ColdSnap™ has been screened and selected for cover crop use
• Superior winter-hardiness when compared to other annual ryegrasses
- Price: Call
- Seeding Rate (lbs per acre): 20-40(alone), 5-10 (mixes)
- Seeding Dates: March-May or Aug.-Sept.