Rapeseed is versatile enough to be planted in the spring for a summer cover, or may be utilized in the fall for a winter cover crop. Rapeseed works great as a dual purpose crop, adapting to a wide range of soil types and conditions. Rape tends to be extremely drought tolerant and stands frost better than some of other brassicas. Because of its winter-hardiness, it’s common for growers to get multiple grazing cycles when feeding rape.
- Strong biomass production makes it great for fall and winter grazing
- Offers the most grazing cycles of brassica when planted in alte summer/early fall
- Performs well in poor soil fertility conditions
- Likely to overwinter in transition zone and south
- Price: Call
- Seeding Rate (lbs per acre): 4-8
- Seeding Dates: April-May, Aug-Oct.