Winter Barley is an upright, cool season annual grass known for its quick growth and low water use. Barley is often used on soils where reclamation and/or rapid soil recovery is the goal.
• Drought-tolerant; low water use
• Ideal for suppressing weeds when planted at heavier seeding rates
• Captures excessive nutrients left from cash crops
• Silage value resembles whole-plant corn silage
• Reduces some pests in fruit and vegetable crops
• Known suppression to root knot nematode
• Fall forage option (best use – fall pasture, silage and hay)
- Price: (call)
- Seeding Rate (lbs/acre): 50-100 (drilled), 60-100 (broadcast)
- Seeding Depth: 1" - 1.5"
- Seeding Date: Sept. - Early Oct.